Who is Jesus? The answers are found in the Bible, the historical evidence people have trusted for over 2000 years.
Who is Jesus and was he 100% Man
According to John 1:14, Jesus became flesh and made His dwelling among us. Why is His humanity so important?
In Hebrews 4:15, Jesus was tempted in every way, just as we are. As such, he can sympathize with our weakness as humans.
What can we learn from the way he handled temptation?
According to 1 John 3:5, Jesus came to earth in human form so that He could die a physical death and take away our sins. How would we all be affected, if we had no potential for escape from our sins?
Jesus is the key to membership in God’s family. When He stooped to our level by becoming a man, He made it possible for us to relate to Him and for God to relate to us through Him.
Jesus Was 100% God
Who is Jesus, and how was it possible that Christ’s human body held the whole deity and glory of God?
According to John 1:1-3, Jesus existed from the beginning. From the beginning, Jesus was with God, and Jesus was God. Here, the Bible establishes the inseparable nature of Jesus and the God of the Universe. The following verses provide further evidence that Jesus is 100% God:
- Eyewitnesses to His perfect life: Matthew 16:13-17
- Fulfillment of Prophecy: Matthew 13:14, Luke 24:44
- Jesus’ own identification/claim: John 10:30-38, Matthew 16:13-17, Mark 14:61-64
- Claims of Christ’s followers: Hebrews 1:8, Colossians 1:16, John 12:40 (quoting Isaiah 6:1-10)
- Resurrection: Luke 24:39, Mark 8:31, Acts 17:32
Jesus is the key to membership in God’s family. When He established His deity by rising from the grave, He made it possible for us to have forgiveness from sin and a renewed relationship with God.
Is Jesus the Way to Heaven?
Who is Jesus and why is He the only path to salvation?
- In John 14:6, Jesus declares:“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” According to Ephesians 2:8-9, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.”
- Acts 4:12 is clear, “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”